Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sprayground at dorbrook



About 4 weeks ago we went to Sprayground in Dorbrook. I have to say it was a drive for me. Esp, when my kids hate traveling. I went with a few of the moms from my mom's group. It took me about an hour and 20 minutes I would say to get up there.

It was a lot bigger then what I expected and for free?! That is always a good thing, us moms love free places! Lots of picnic tables inside (just get there early) for one. They have umbrella's covering them so they do go fast. Which was nice because my youngest napped in her stroller under the shade while we played. It was gated in and they have someone in the front. It's not gated in 100% so there's a pretty big entrance. We brought buckets (recommended by another mom that went already). So bring buckets (write your name on them. I also brought plastic cups that I didn't care if they got left behind. It was very clean (making people eat outside of the park has a lot to do with it also).

The one thing they do have a rule of is you can NOT EAT inside the actually spray park, so if you get a picnic table in there , you can't eat at it. They are pretty strict about the food thing. You can bring your own food, just have to eat it outside the gate. It was fine for us anyways because it gave the kids a break from the sun and water. We packed a lunch and went and sat under a tree. They have bathrooms, a park next to it. If I would have stayed longer we would have went to the park after we played in the water, but 4 hours in the water wore us out.

We also went on a Monday, it was pretty busy in the morning. Around 1 it cleared out a little. I really don't know if I would go on a weekend by myself with two kids anyways. Might be pretty busy.

Things I would bring is lots of sunscreen, a lunch, extra clothes, towels, buckets and lot's of drinking water!

I would recommend this place to anyone that either lives in the area or want's to take the drive up there. Even if my kids hate car rides they did enjoy it and it was worth going!

I heard there was another one closer to here so we will go to that one and see. It would be nice if there was one around our area!




(please note we did bring all these toys) they didn't provide any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0