Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sesame place- Review.


Who doesn't love Elmo?! Well we do! So we hit Sesame place again this year. Last year was our first year there, we didn't really know what to expect. I have learned a lot since then! One thing if your local DO NOT GO ON A WEEKEND!!!! If you can avoid it , please try. We went our first year on a weekend, I will never go again. Thankfully only a 45 min ride I will ask hubby to take a vacation day and we will go! If you have triple AAA you can get discounts also alot of local places has coupons, rite aids, wawa's etc, just have to look for them. And if your local do the 2 day pass!

Second thing I learned was we didn't know it was a mostly water park. So be prepared for it, bring change of clothes, swimsuits, towels , sunscreen! I really wasn't expecting it. This year we were so prepared for it.
We got there around 11am, got great parking. My friends that went she needed a wheelchair (which you can rent btw and motor scooters) I think the wheelchair was $15.00 and scooter was $50.00. Lockers are $20.00 but you get 5.00 back. (we did get a locker) most say you don't need a locker but we had bottles, ect. so we just got one. I could see if you had a membership that would get costly.

They have a lot for all ages to do in our group we ranged from a 19 month, 2 1/2 year old, 4 year old and 9 year old and they all had fun! We did the dry rides first . And then went to do all the wet stuff. We stopped for a few and watched the parade. My daughter went on the roller coaster her first real one :) was exciting. We even went down the tube ride climbing up was a little scary for me with heights. I can say shes not scared of looking down, I was..lol.

I have now been there three times and our favorite place for the parade is get in the middle or end, but NOTE you get there early to get a good spot. This last time we got beginning it was okay for us because it was so hot out so we were okay with it ended fast but at the end they take kids from the sidewalks and interact with them. It was cool. but on a weekend get there super early!!! I almost never went back to sesame street, my first time there was HORRIBLE. But since then i did research and now I know.

Pack a lunch, they let you come in and out of the park and they have picnic tables.
Def. pack your lunch! Foods expensive. We did get the elmo cup to get $1.00 refills on soda it was 6.50. So I didn't think it was that bad. And you have a collectors cup.

We haven't made it over to the dry rides yet, just a few , didn't do them all because we were all getting tired because it was 104 degree day!!! Water, sun was enough for the kiddo's and adults.
the characters walk around and you can take your pictures with them. they have cute shops. We always get a hat , its kinda tradition. (not every time we go) just each year. If we were too stay around this area sesame place would be fun for memberships. I'm all about memberships if you can save money in the longer run.

I think the best times are mornings, and later in the evenings. Also in the Evenings if you live close enough would be worth it! I think they do twilight hour too, which would be fun. They also do events through the year. We haven't been to any of them yet. My kids had a blast THIS year now that I did my research and thanks to Mom2MomNJ facebook site where people gave advice. We had such a pleasant time this year and I'm excited to go back again!!


Also if you buy a membership now you get the rest of 2011 :) GREAT DEAL that will pay for itself in 2 visits.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0