Thursday, August 4, 2011

Johnson's corner farm


Since we moved here (2 1/2 years ago) we have been going to Johnson's corner farm, I really don't know how I came to find Johnsons, I think I was just googling farms and pumpkin picking or fruit picking I'm not sure, but to my surprise I found it. I remember my daughter was only a year when we went. We love it there! I never knew you could get memberships there until MOM2MOMNJ said something about it in a post.

We got a membership this year, and I can't believe how much we use it and go there. Prices are below. If you live near by the membership will pay for itself after the 4th time. I think they run evening specials for 1/2 off. You have to check to see when the hayrides run, on the weekend i'm pretty sure the last hayride is at 4pm.

DAY PASS
  • $6.50 per child (between ages 12 months and 12 years old)
  • Adults and children 13 and older $3.25
SEASON PASS
    • $30 per child per season, $15 per adult per season
    • (not available after Aug. 1)
Well of course you can't get the season pass but i would recommend it for next year if you live in the area!

My only complaint about the farm was that it gets super hot in the summer and its mostly an outdoor thing so it was hard to go during the day in the summer, but they added a SPLASH PAD :) It is awesome! *Please note to bring a change of clothes, or bathing suit and towels* I also brought buckets for them to play with (just write your name on them) so the kids could fill them up! We usually feed the animals first , get nice and hot and then go play on the spalsh pad / playground area. Its not super big , but its just the right size and they kids get pretty soaked. I also like how its right near the bathrooms. They even have a family bathroom which is nice! The splash pad is in the playground area, which the playground is separated in ages, my kids love the back area where you can do the sandbox (Please note that if you plan on doing the splash pad your kids will get dirty after, so have them dry after). They can play pretend with the little play buildings vet doctor, little pretend market and garage with tools , the bigger kids can ride the "go cart" type rides in the back! They have a little crawlers area as well. Really this place is great for all ages ! The discovery barnyard area is all gated in!



Photobucket
We also love feeding the animals, I kinda wish that their was a little petting zoo there, but all in all this mom gives it a thumbs up! Not only do we love feeding the animals , is picking the fruit and Veggies! The strawberries are so yummy when you turned the corner of the tractor you could just smell how juicy they were, and the blueberries were the girls favorite to pick! Esp. pozzy , I think she ate a pound while we were picking!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Also we did the Easter bunny this year, the egg hunt was SO cute!!!! They had enough eggs so kids were fighting over them, had a cute story before hand. I thought the bunny was the cutest Easter bunny I have seen, i'm usually creeped out about stuffed bunnies ;) The staff was also nice to give us our own wagon for our moms group so we could all go together! So if you have a group I am sure they will assist you very nice.
We still have to do Santa! That will be this year!
Photobucket
You can bring your lunch/dinner which is nice, they have a lot of picnic area, but I LOVE their home made stuff. The pie looks amazing but haven't gotten to purchase one yet, but will before the end of the season.

We went to the family night on Friday night! It was fun! the music was great, some of the food was sold out so get there a little early to get what you want. Was about $25.00 for the 4 of us to eat. They have Dizzy pigs BBQ there, my husband had the brisket and he said it was delicious , they also have pulled pork, they are grilling right in front of you! I had some yummy corn bread and my daughters are wanting more! We also had their yummy corn on the cob with lots of butter on it! Great way to spend the night! The music was family fun and they interacted with the kids so well. They even had a little craft with water bottles that you could make your own music shakers, they had instruments for the kids to play with . The hayrides were free but note that last one stops at 7pm, so if you want to do the hayride do it before eating or get there early enough to do it all. There are even antique cars which some of the boys would like!
Photobucket

This is our favorite place in the area to go, you can go for a few hours or make it a whole day.It's great for all ages!!! I am so glad we are making great memories here for my girls , and hope that they will make memories for their family one day!


If you have any questions please feel free to ask! I'm pretty sure I could answer or get the answer for you!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0