Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Moms Groups.



Did you ever think , would I have "playdates' or join a "mom's group"?

In fact, I wonder what my mom did with me and why she wasn't in a moms group. I guess growing up in the same town, with the same friends, made that a little bit better. In fact I don't think my parents even had "playdates" .

I came to NJ not knowing a soul besides my husband side of the family. I remember coming here with a 6 month old. I have heard about "moms" club and decided to join the local chapter. I remember being pregnant not being able to do too much but wrote to them, they weren't that friendly and didn't seem like I would "click" with them. I got involved too much into my pregnancy since I was on bed rest and hospital visit so I took a break at finding people locally. It wasn't until Pozzy was about 6 months I really started to look into local moms group. Finding one was a lot harder then I thought it was. Most I went to meet I didn't "click" with or couldn't attend their meetings or they didn't fit with my schedule. So there I was 6 months later making my own.

I remember in December of 2010 I was sitting there making up a moms group on http://www.meetup.com/. (if you ever need a local moms group I would look there first!) . I didn't know what I was doing, I just had an idea of what I thought a moms group would be. Nothing to "clicky" a lot of different personalities, SAHM and working moms , I just wanted to find people I would click with and most importantly friends for my kids!

So there I was, joined and started Chic moms! I will never forget my first meet up and I surely wont forget my last playdate with chic moms! I'm closing it and they are now going to make up their own name and group (which I will tell you when I know ) . My members grew from 1-45 then up , I then moved it over to facebook where I had about 20 active members. I will have to say this is more then I ever imagined. I thought it would be a playdate here and there, it was a lot of work. I didn't think that starting a moms group would be so much work, but it is! It's being an organizer and finding things to do , hosting playdates, getting members to stay involved, keeping member to pay you for the year, making sure people showed up for things. I think the first 6 months I spent about 10-15 hours trying to make sure everything was perfect. It was a lot more work then I ever thought, but in the long run I have great people in my lives forever.

I never thought leaving NJ would be this hard. But I have accomplished so much , from not knowing anyone to creating an amazing moms group that I will never forget. You girls were one of my first friends in NJ and very close to my heart and my daughter's have some pretty amazing friend here and people that care about them , more then I ever imagined.

I'm so glad that I started the group and hope you guys will continue it and continue to grow. I will really miss you girls more then you will ever know!!! And I really want to Thank each and everyone one of you for all the support from the beginning to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0