Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Accumulating things

Have you ever wondered how much "stuff'' you have. After cleaning out our house for our move, I feel like a hoarder (okay i'm FAR from that) but I never really spend money on myself for clothes, only really the last year I have been "updating " my clothes because my other ones were 10+ years old. I think I deserve some new things. So i cleaned out my closet and dresser draws and gave away 2 big leaf bags full of clothes, among my daughters clothes! I feel that I don't need to hold onto these things any more, and sure I could sell them. They are in excellent condition (some with tags) but why not do a good dead and send to good will! Or give them to a church or another organization that can use them. I gave winter coats (we really wont need 2 sizes 2 small coats). I feel so happy that I did it!! And *gasp* I have room in my dresses now. (I think my husband is secretly happy) . He is a little OCD about things.

Anyways, even if it wasn't the clothes that have accumulated over the years, its the things we hold onto!?! We have one of those bagsters from home depot that are amazing . Fill it up and waste management comes and it doesn't look as tacky outside your house!

Once we get down to NC I will be starting going through boxes we haven't even unpacked since our move from texas, now some of the stuff i have been looking for but most of it is going to be "junk". I want to start of fresh with this move by getting rid of stuff and recycling what we can.

Really if you have old clothes your hanging onto "for no purpose" get rid of them, sell them if you want, goodwill them, give to a church there is always someone in need of these things! Esp. baby clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0