Thursday, January 5, 2012

What do you Stay at home moms do?

I am just wondering what crafts and easy things do you do at home to keep your kids busy. We listen to a lot of music now. Only having a few hours of TV on now. Right now, the kids are busy playing pretend with their Melissa and Doug toys. My one daughter is spelling things and my other daughter is cutting cookies. I am having my down time to write a little while we are doing this. We are listening to music right now also (which we do a lot of ) .

We also play a lot of pretend dress up stuff!!! I go after Halloween and get a lot of stuff on sale , and for Christmas we asked for dress up clothes for the girls they love it.

we also love finger painting ! I would love a great recipe for easy paint to make. Also we are going to make some homemade play-dough i loved doing this as a kid and my kids are getting to the age where they are playing a lot more with it. I love homemade stuff because it doesn't dry out as easy as the store stuff.

We also love memberships to places such as the aquarium and the children's museum (keeps them busy for hours) , library for story time.

Now that it's getting a little chillier out I would love more in home activities to play if you have any ideas!!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE to bake with my son. Once we establish certain rules (no touching the mixer while it is working, no going near the oven, and adding only the ingredients Mommy gives), we love to make chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, sugar cookies, and a bunch of other stuff. It takes some prep, and of course, always eating the batter after Mommy is done spooning out whatever it is, but YUMMY :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we also bake too (believe it or not that is a daddy and pookie thing) but I do have her help me cook, I think kids in the kitchen is very important so they learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi....just found your blog. It's is great! We were living in NJ and just moved, too. It's hard at the beginning but with time we are getting to like the place and make a few new friends. About ideas for teaching your girls or just have a fun time, I"ll recommend Pinterest (I don't know if you know about that, but I love it, the worst thing is that you get addicted to it), there moms collect photos of ideas like science, busy bags, homemade games or seasonal activities, etc around the web. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0