Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Preschool update.

I think Daddy had a harder time then anyone in this house , oh wait i think Sissy did. She didn't know what to do without pookie being around. Anyways, we started out the morning at 7:15, got her bathed and made a little bagel for her breakfast on the way there. She is not a morning person, anyone that knows us, we stay up late and sleep in late, it's just our life. She did fantastic.
School starts at 8:30, we got there around 8:20, she was excited until we got in there and wanted me to hold her, made my heart melt. I walked her over to story time after getting her coat and shoes off (pozzy was not happy that pookie was doing something she couldn't do) . She has never been away from us for this long, so it was a big adjustment. I took her to story time and showed her the name tag. Her teacher was just amazing!!! Took pookies hand , talked softly to her and asked her to do a special project. (we warned her Pookie was very shy!!) Pookie still wanted me but i knew I had to just let her go. Her teacher just took her for me and put her in her lap while they sang. I have to say I was okay with it, I walked out the door and the look of fear in Pookies eyes were there. I was scared and nervous, I didn't want to call the teacher and be "that mom" to make sure my little baby was okay.

I got home and started to play with pozzy all by herself , was weird to have one on one time. About 2 hours later her teacher called, my heart dropped a little, she was calling to tell me she was okay and that if we didn't want to pick her up at 12 like we had said to transition her we didn't have to, that pookie was doing great and making friends. I said okay call me back if anything changes. I got pozzy lunch, we played dress up , I actually got laundry and dishes and picked up the house( amazing what i can accomplish with just one kid) . Pozzy took a nap, I thought I would have too but I didn't, I actually *get this* ate lunch, quietly !!! At 1 pm I get another call, pookie was napping!! She said to see us at 3:30!! we never would have expected her to do so well but are so happy with our choice of school!!! We went and picked her up about 3:20, the teacher gave her nothing but good things to say! She thinks she's going back tomorrow ;) but she's not until Friday.

I didn't get really too many pictures as pookie was a little nervous when we got there didn't want a camera in her face.. So here's a picture of her school room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0