Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cape May Zoo


So we went to Cape May Zoo this weekend. It's one of the things I wanted to do before we left. Can I just tell you how much this mama loved it?! We took our daughter their for her 3rd birthday! It was amazing. It was a Sunday and Labor day weekend, so I think it was a little bit crowded but totally worth it! Did I mention its FREE?! Philly zoo get's busy even during the day during the weekday. It was only about 1 hour and 20 min away not bad for a day trip.

It was big enough but small enough, they had a carousel, train , and a FREE playground. It was definitively worth the drive. Tons of shaded trees, the animals were all taken care of we saw so much security around, a lot of zoo keepers feeding the animals. A lot of different ones. My daughters favorite is the Zebra. It's her "thing" this month I guess. She wanted a zebra for her birthday so she got to go see them, since we can't have one as a pet..lol .

We walked around, I loved how it was up high , like a boardwalk through the safari part. It was neat to over look the animals. The zebras came up to the fence which was neat! I was surprised how big it really was. With a 3 year old and 21 month old , it was just big enough to keep them entertained but too long because they can only sit for so long in a stroller and not get bored. We fed the goats, which was fun. The train ride I must say is a little bit bumpy! Not sure I would do that again! But the carousel was awesome! Loved the music and it was well taken care of.

After we ate at the cafe (which was about 6.00-7.50) a value meal which wasn't too bad and it was decent food. We went to the playground afterwards. The kids really enjoyed that part! They do have a lot of picnic area's so bring a lunch. we just had lunch before we left or we would have brought ours!

I highly recommend a day trip here, or if your down in wildwood for a weekend go to the zoo!

I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0