Saturday, September 24, 2011

Finding a house.

We haven't had to rent for 4 years! So renting is new for us, house hunting for rentals is I think more stressful then buying a house. We decided that we are going to rent because this past year we have had a lot of things go wrong like sewage backed up so that was 3,000 to fix, just other things that goes with owning a house! Plus we are losing about 30k on our house in NJ and we just wont have that down payment on a house.

Buying a house is stressful but you have a lot more options. I really thought when we moved here, we would be a beach loving want to live ON the beach but as I look at the houses, I don't think it's just good for 2 little girls , no yard , a lot of steps since most are up one floor because of hurricanes. I want to live inland but not too far from the beach , maybe 20 minutes (10 min. would be idea) but then again everything else is 25 minutes away. I kinda want a happy median but that isn't happening.

Also i am finding everything is in "wilmington" okay wilmington has about 20 zip codes! It's weird not to have towns. Like in Baltimore there was Baltimore, then white marsh , essex, etc etc.

We did find a house today.. we love it, i am in total love with it, it's about $100 over our price range but only 10 miles away from a beach (not the beach i'm in love with , but it will do) only 10 minutes from shopping , about 20 minutes from the riverwalk . I would love to be closer to downtown but eh, what are you going to do. There is no fenced in yard, which is killing me because it has a screened in porch and I would love to be able to sit outside in that and watch the kids play without having to worry that they were going to run out front. I don't know if we should just go for it, or just wait. If we wait we might miss out on a beautiful house! we looked at another one, it was nice, needed work done but still was "doable" for $300.00 less , the whole reason why we moved down here was to save money. I kinda want to be in a house i want to live in for a few years.. i'm really sick of moving, and a years lease is not that long. I want to sign a 2 years lease. so i'm hoping they will take about 100 off if we sing a 2 years lease.

I guess looking online before we moved here I didn't realize how big "wilmington" area is! Anyways, I'm sick of already living in an apartment, it really is nice for being free and I kinda want to take advantage of that since we are losing so much on our house in NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0