Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lost the "one" house

We lost the one house that we really liked. I knew I should have just put my application in that day and be done with it, but didn't want to just "jump" into the house, because we are new to the area, we are trying to explore the area and get to know which one we fit into. We didn't at first know if we would like the area out there, we kept going back to the house every night finding ourselves falling in love with the area.

The most annoying part is we called today for the keys to set up an apt. and they didn't even tell us. My husband has had the most annoying/stressful day at work (starting at a call for an emergency at 5:00am) and had to leave early so we could go see this house. I also re-arranged my daughters nap time so she could be up at 3 so we could be there by 3:45 to get the keys, we get their and they handed back our check for our application and said that house has been taken. I wish they would have just told us they were running someone's app and they would let us know. Instead, we interrupted our busy day and life to basically get burned.

I know , people keep saying well that means a better house is out there for you, but there is really limited rental and it keeps going down and down the more days we are here because a lot of people are renting because of the economy. I do however like this other house we saw yesterday, it's big , roomy but the area isn't where I wanted it to be. It could grow on me, but I don't want to have to keep moving plus wherever we move into we are signing a 2 years lease so we can get a stable home, and don't have to keep moving the kids. Renting is really harder then I thought it was going to be. If we could afford to buy a house right now we would, I know I said i wouldn't buy again but there's so many more options out there, just right now it's not a chance with our house on the market in NJ and all the money we are losing.

The perfect house is out there, and maybe that one wasn't meant to be but it sure felt like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0