Sunday, September 11, 2011

cowgirl birthday party!

So my daughter is in love with Jessie from toy story. So I started to google cowgirl stuff.

First I started off with a cute dress and the ideas just started to go from there.

Photobucket

The front has a cute cow print around the waste!

Then I came across these favors.

Photobucket

The cookies were a hit! I got them from

I did not get to do the pink M&M's (they were expensive) and plus there were a lot of boys , so I did regular M&M's (way cheaper too) . Also the pecans I only did in a few.

Here are some helpful hits when doing the Jars. The smooth jars I got at Walmart. 12 for only 7.99 , at craft stores they wanted 1.99 per jar. I also couldn't find the paper puncher that they used , plus they were really expensive. So i just got scissors for 1.99 that did the job (took a little longer ) I also did the tags tied around it. I thought it looked cuter. You can use any fabric for the lid. I did cow print for Jessies chaps.


Another helpful hit is you have to PACK down the stuff to fit it all in . The first two before we figured out how to pack the ingredient we didn't do peacans on top (plus i figured there might be some allergic to nuts) so i did some with extra choc. chip or M&M's on top. Another thing that they call for is 3/4 m&m's I did 1/2 cup and same with choc. chips. I did about 15 jars. I did only 1 per family, figured not every kid needs a dozen cookies (it actually worked out good) It did take me awhile to do them. Another thing is it asked for 1 1/2 cup of flour.. We used 2 bags of flour (just an FYI) and that was for 15 jars. Pecans we used two bags. M&M's we used 2 party bags. We also used a paper funnel , to get all the ingredients in, it worked out wonderful.

1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cooking oats
3/4 cup m&ms - I did 1/2 cup
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (also I did 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed - when you put it in the jar , take a spoon and pack it done!
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 – 1/2 cup chopped pecans ( i did about 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup)

Stir all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Add

1 slightly beaten egg
1/2 cup butter (melted slightly in the microwave)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Use the back of a large spoon to work it all together. You may even need to use your hands to get everything incorporated.

Then roll the cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on a parchment covered baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. I got about 26-28 cookies out of these.

It does make 20-28 cookies so I figured one per family was enough.


Photobucket

In the gift bags I did barrel of monkeys and a few toy story things crayons , color pages (that I got free off disney) and then a few stickers of toy story!

I had bandanna napkins to match :) and did red and black and white! there was so many cute things I could have done. Oriental trading has amazing stuff that's where we got the cowgirl hats and napkins, didn't even realize they had plates or I would have done them as well!

I wish I had more time to do everything I wanted to do! Would love to have had pony rides! but there are a lot of party favors to do and a lot of games you can do (the kids were a little young to do games) or I would have did the sandbox and then them find gold. If you google stuff you can find a lot of stuff!


Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed her birthday party! she had a lot of fun and the kids loved the hats they got to take. I also heard that some families made their cookies today and they loved them!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0