Sunday, October 30, 2011

Co-sleeping.


How many parents have co slept that loved it?! ME! ME! ME! I am a mom that said I would never have a child sleep with me. I'm wrong. I love it! My pookie she is 3 and still co slept with us, at one point we tried to break it because of all the crap we were giving for doing it. I still didn't care, because I honestly think every kid is different and need different care. Our parenting skills are what we think is best for our child and co sleeping just worked so good with Pookie. I also read that whatever you can do to get sleep you do whatever you need too for a good night's sleep. This is how we had to get sleep with Pookie.

Well we just moved into a house, she loves sleeping in her bed.. Her own decision not ours! We didn't force her too and i know she was ready but a part of me is feeling sad. Pozzy is not my cuddle bug (well she is starting to be a little more) she is just not a co sleeper and frankly she is a restless sleeper I would not like to sleep with her.

Pookie has been doing at least 6 hours in her bed by herself. She does come in our bed around 5 am which I don't mind because she snuggles until at least 9 am. It's just hard because a part of me is missing her next to me, snuggling with me. Not missing sleeping on the edge.

Hubby is happy to have a bed with me alone again and I know it's important for a relationship but we have always had a strong relationship. And he is the one that started co sleeping back up when I had HG (which i will write another blog on it) .

My whole point is , if co sleeping is what works for you, don't let other's tell you how to parent. Kids grow up way to fast, soon you will be bitching about them not wanting to hug you in public, not being seen with you.

So I cherish ever hug, snuggle and kiss I get now!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0