Sunday, March 4, 2012

Home made play dough


We had to make play dough for pookies school. Green for March ! Here is the Recipe.

3 cups water
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
3 TBS. oil (baby oil , scented oil is fine too)
6tsp cream of tartar
Food coloring.
I had Pookie help with all the measuring and dumping. Put all ingredients in a sauce pan (non stick) and cook on medium heat until the mixture leaves the side of the pan. I did whisk until it was smooth for at least 3 minutes to stir it all together. Make sure its dry and clumps together. Spoon out on your counter and knead until smooth and the right consistency. wait to cool completely before storing in an airtight bag ( i did 8 balls ) and put them in a zip lock baggie. May be kept in refrigerator for long term storage. Enjoy!!! makes a lot !!!!!
(before i kneaded it) (finished product)

I hope their class likes them!!



2 comments:

  1. I have another recipe for this that involves Koolaid! Kids love it because of the color and scent, Let me know if you ever want it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love too! I used this recipe because her school supplied everything :)

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0